With the Easter holiday upon us, Disney is filled with all sorts of snacks to make any Easter Bunny proud. While we make your mouth water with photos of Easter treats, we’ll also entertain you with fun Disney food facts, compliments of our numerical friends at Disney by the Numb3rs, our source for all sorts of fun Disney facts.
There are 6,000 different types of food offered at WDW, served up by the 350 or more chefs employed at any one time.
741,150 pounds of sugar and 319,353 pounds of chocolate are used annually at WDW. Here’s one great place they used it, in this flower-power cupcake, at the low price of just $3.99.
1.8 million pounds of flour, 245,000 pounds of fruit filling, 2.9 million pounds of eggs, and 38,000 pounds of white icing glaze are used annually at WDW. Here’s a yummy place they parked the sugar and flour, in the Bunny Rabbit cupcake, just $3.99
As for actual fruit, 606,000 pounds of bananas, 1.2 million pounds of watermelon, and 510,000 of grapes are used annually.
How about real food, like lunch?
- 639,000 pounds of macaroni and cheese are served at WDW.
- 9 million pounds of French Fries are sold annually at WDW.
- 5 million hotdogs are consumed each year in the parks.
- 7 million hamburgers are sold in the park each year.
- 1.4 million barbecued turkey legs are consumed each year at Walt Disney World
Need something cold to eat? 2,600,000 chocolate covered Mickey Mouse ice cream bars are sold every year at Walt Disney World.
50 million soft drinks are sold annually, which will be helpful to wash down some of the 1.5 million soft pretzels served each year.
So today is Friday, and you have some free time. Want to check out some more snack options with fabulous photos? Here are some articles just for the Disney Foodie.
- Lovin’ Some Disney Food: What is the Greatest $3.99 Snack You May Have Missed?
- A Disney Apple A Day
- Bein’ a Disney Diva: The Search for Fine Chocolate
- Lip Smackin’ Disney World Snacks: 5 Yummy Treats You Don’t Want to Miss!
Thanks for stopping by for a photographical Disney ride, and we’ll see you with a Mickey cookie in hand!