By Melissa L.
Have you ever visited that fantastic sweet shop in Downtown Disney called the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop? They have the most amazing chocolate chip cookies, and because I like to bring the Disney magic home, this is one of my favorite Disney snack re-creations. So check this out, write this recipe down, or bookmark this page!
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies from Downtown Disney’s Ghiradelli Soda Fountain.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ cup sugar ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 11 ounce bag of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Chips
2. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
4. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
The really hard part now is to not eat the dough
Seriously, don’t eat it yet, even though it smells yummy!
5. Stir in nuts and Double Chocolate Chips (I did not add nuts when I made these).
6. Drop a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake at 375°F for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Yes, they taste just as yummy as they look! If you try the recipe, drop by our Mouze Kateerz on Facebook and let us know how you liked it.
Thanks for stopping by for a photographical Disney ride, and we’ll see you with a chocolate chip cookie in hand.
By profession Melissa is a 9th grade World History teacher, but by nature she is a lover of all things Disney. She has always been a bit of a bookworm and has believed in fairytales since she was a little girl. (Her favorite heroine and princess is Belle.)
When she isn’t teaching, snapping pictures to post on Picturing Disney on Facebook, updating her photoblog Picturing Disney, or prancing around Disney Parks like a kid, she is lives her life filled with love, laughter, and happily ever after in New York with her husband and their adorable dog.
Stop by Picturing Disney, where we keep the Disney magic alive at home one snapshot at a time!
Like to bake or craft and love Disney? Here’s some more recipes and Disney articles just for you!