Now open and welcoming Disney World vacationers, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort gives you a chance to become a part of your favorite animated films like Finding Nemo, Cars, the Lion King, and the Little Mermaid. Using imaginative design and themed rooms, the Art of Animation Resort has its own story that will allow children of all ages to relax have fun! Let’s take a look at some of the fabulous new accommodations with brand new photos.
As you walk into the registration you will be greeted with rough sketches of four of your favorite Disney movies: Finding Nemo, Cars, Lion King & the Little Mermaid.
This will be the first registration desk that isn’t a solid desk that stretches the length of the hall.
Each cast member will come from behind their desk and greet you to their station.
The souvenir store is affectionately called Ink & Paint Shop. Where else would you shop at an animation resort? This will also be the first value resort that will have t-shirts with its name & logo on it. You will also be able to purchase shower curtains and accessories that you will see in your room at this resort.
Landscape of Flavor is the quick service. It’s the largest quick service dining area but you wouldn’t realize it. It’s shaped with lot of curves allowing it to feel more intimate. This is also the first resort that will offer Mellow Yellow as a beverage choice.
As you leave the main hall, you will become apart of the animation. Everything around you will be life-size and just dance around you. You will be able to bounce with the jelly fish, play with crush and much more. Surrounding all the play areas are the squishy floors made from recycled tires that make it safer for children. There will be three pools at Disney‘s Art of Animation Resort. The Finding Nemo, Cars, & Little Mermaid sections will have dedicated pools. Finding Nemo is the main pool. Cars & Little Mermaid are considered the quiet pools. A large playground featuring Pride Rock will be in the Lion King section.
In the Cars section, the Cozy Cone Motel will hold your laundry facilities. There are also eight Cones that are cabanas beside the pool. They are free but are on a first come first serve basis.
All Family Suite buildings open to an inside hallway. The Little Mermaid building opens to the outside just like the other Value resorts. The suites have a king bedroom with a full bath. There is a second bath as you enter the suite. The dining table turns into a bed that can sleep two. The dining chairs are stack able which is great to save space. The living area has a sofa that turns into a bed that sleeps two. The kitchen area has a microwave, mini fridge & a small sink.
There are currently two summer offers available for your Disney World summer vacation:
For stays most nights June 15 – Aug. 14, 2012:
- Save 15% at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort and Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Save 20% at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, and Disney’s Fort Wildness Resort & Campground Cabins
- Save 25% at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, Disney’s BoardWalk, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard views only), Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
For stays most nights Aug. 15 – Sept. 29, 2012:
- Save up to 20% at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Save up to 25% at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins
- Save up to 30% at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Disney’s BoardWalk, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort (standard view), Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney’s Old Key West Resort
All offers are limited and subject to availability. Just add theme park tickets and you can take advantage of all the late summer fun.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a magical day!
Frances Hedrick is a Disney Vacation Planner for Disney Vacations by Distinctive Journeys. She has stayed more than 150 days at the Walt Disney World Resort and at 14 of the resorts with her own family and friends. She loves sharing Disney magic 365 days a year.
You can contact her at email@example.com or on her cell: 404-414-6198.
You can follow her magical vacations on her Facebook page: Disney Vacations by Distinctive Journeys.
Like to read about Disney topics?! Here ya go…