By Melissa L.
Who loves a Disney World Dole Whip??!! Man, I sure do. I’ve wanted to make one at home for a long time, and I found a recipe on the blog Prudence Pennywise. This recipe was my third attempt at Dole Whips, so I made sure I read up on making my own soft serve before I took the plunge. I also made sure this recipe was different than my previous two flops! I altered it ever so slightly to make sure it would work taste-wise from what I had learned from my past experience- the results were Cap’n Cooks-worthy!
- 2- 20oz cans Dole crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
1) Drain 1 cup of pineapple juice from your 2 cans of pineapple (this will leave you approx 2 tbsp juice with your fruit . It will leave you enough pineapple juice to make 1-2 floats if you would like!
2) Blend together pineapple, lime juice, lemon juice, and sugar until smooth.
3) Pour into freezer bag (I double bagged to be safe) and freeze approximately 2 hours. It should be slushy but not frozen.
4) Remove from the freezer, pour contents into bowl and blend with whipped cream. I recommend you don’t use a hand mixer here, but rather blend together with a spoon or fork.
5) Return mixture to the freezer until completely frozen (another 1-2 hours).
This was a great success and I went to town eating my dessert before I remembered to take a picture. My image probably does not do it justice, because the third time was a charm, and this recipe tasted fabulous. I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to let us know how your attempt turned out.
By profession Melissa is a 9th grade World History teacher, but by nature she is a lover of all things Disney. She has always been a bit of a bookworm and has believed in fairytales since she was a little girl. (Her favorite heroine and princess is Belle.)
When she isn’t teaching, snapping pictures to post on Picturing Disney on Facebook, updating her photoblog Picturing Disney, or prancing around Disney Parks like a kid, she is lives her life filled with love, laughter, and happily ever after in New York with her husband and their adorable dog.
Stop by Picturing Disney, where we keep the Disney magic alive at home one snapshot at a time!
Like to try Disney inspired baking and crafts? Check these out…