By Melissa L.
My husband and I are huge Ohana fans. Combine the fabulous Polynesian resort with Ohana’s authentic cooking, and I’m just over the moon about the whole dining experience. One of my favorite dishes at Ohana are the Honey Coriander Wings. I located this recipe over on The Disney Chick‘s website. I followed her recipe closely, though I made a few small ingredients changes. Oh, that and the fact that I decided to make this the first time the week after the Super Bowl. Of course, there were no wings anywhere to be found, so I made it with drumsticks, and really, that was just fine.
You’ll need 2-5 lbs chicken wings and drums.
Wing seasoning ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Coriander wing sauce ingredients:
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
2. Mix wing seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Put the chicken and wing seasoning in a large bowl. The original recipe only called for two tbsp. of the seasoning, but I used it all. Add enough oil to coat the chicken evenly and mix well.
At this point I let my chicken marinade for about an hour, but you can just continue if you are crunched for time.
4. Spread the seasoned chicken onto a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
5. Mix all wing sauce ingredients in a large saute pan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat. Stir until thickened.
6. Transfer the cooked wings into the sauce and serve… and voila! You are done!
Thanks for stopping by for a Disney food re-creation, and good luck with your wings. Be sure to let us know how your set turned out!
By profession Melissa is a 9th grade World History teacher, but by nature she is a lover of all things Disney. She has always been a bit of a bookworm and has believed in fairy tales since she was a little girl. (Her favorite heroine and princess is Belle.)
When she isn’t teaching, snapping pictures to post on Picturing Disney on Facebook, updating her photo blog Picturing Disney, or prancing around Disney Parks like a kid, she is lives her life filled with love, laughter, and happily ever after in New York with her husband and their adorable dog.
Stop by Picturing Disney, where we keep the Disney magic alive at home one snapshot at a time!
Like to try Disney inspired baking and crafts? Check these out…