By Melissa L.
By far, my favorite shop in all of Epcot and arguably all of the Walt Disney World parks is Mouse Gear. It is the largest shop in Epcot and really I find myself wanting to skip Downtown Disney when I am staying in the Epcot Resort Area since you can find a little bit of everything here! My favorite Mouse Gear story came this Fall when I decided to grab two vinylmations: Star Wars (hoping for Darth Vader) and Pirates (hoping for Captain Jack) and as luck and Disney magic would have it I scored both!
Without the Hollywood Boulevard or Main Street shop set up this is vital to Epcot and worth a trip of its own! The store is set up in sections as you wind your way through. You will find:
- All kinds of toys for kids of all ages
- Disney World Souvenirs (including dated)
- Apparel for the entire family (including a large ear hat section)
- Disney Trading Pins & Vinylmation
- Candy, Snacks, and novelty foods
- Picture frames and Collectibles
- Seasonal merchandise
- Epcot themed merchandise and apparel
- Cookware and Kitchenware
- And much more!
While the areas change and don’t always have the largest selection on property you will find this is an Epcot one stop shop! There are also great ways to save here:
- Disney Visa Cardmembers can enjoy their 10% discount on most merchandise orders $50 or more here
- During busy times it has been reported that quick service dining receipts have also featured 10% off coupons
With so many specialty shops in the World Showcase, Land, Seas, and Imagination pavilions this is a great stop for a less crowded store with lots of selection!
Have you ever been to Mouse Gears, what do you think? Let me know in the comments below!
When Melissa isn’t teaching, snapping pictures to post on Picturing Disney on Facebook, updating her photoblog Picturing Disney, or prancing around Disney Parks like a kid, she is lives her life filled with love, laughter, and happily ever after in New York with her husband and their adorable dog.